Oliwia Solarska's memories

I remember the day when Mrs Zofia made a list of people who are going to Spain.I was so excited - I hoped that I was there. Unfortunately I wasn't on this list.

Oliwia, called me and told me: I'm going to Spain but you are on the reserve list'. I remember that moment - I started to cry. When I came to school, I saw my name on the 4th position on the reserve list. I lost my all hope for being a part of Comenius's team. It was before holidays so I should be happy because of vacation but I was sad.

In the end of vacation my mum called me and told me: Mrs Zofia called me and asked me if my daughter wanted to go to Spain. I said: Yes, I did …because I wanted so much ! Five weeks left to exchange and I couldn't wait for this. A few days after I knew where I will be living.

Oscar chose the best person for me. When Mary wrote to me I was so happy. I think we were talking for a few hours that day. I counted how many days I will have to wait for meeting my host person. Suddenly this Monday came. The last encounter with a friend and… direction - Spain!

In Katowice we met the Volleyball National Team of Brazil. It was one of the best moments in my whole life. We took photos, got autographs and we thought everyone will envy us that we meet R. Lucarelli and other famous volleyball players. But it wasn’t the end we were flying with them to Frankfurt. It was amazing.

We were late in Frankfurt and Mrs Zofia was stressed but we got an individual bus to our plane. I think we stayed in Germany for 15 minutes. And the plane took off to Bilbao. During the flight there was a small turbulence but only for a few minutes. No one slept, everyone was excited. We went out from our gate in Bilbao and we were waiting for our suitcases. Unfortunately a few of them were missing.

It was 11 or 12 o’ clock when I came my new home. The first day in Spain was so stressful. New environment, new people. Yet, it was ok.

After welcoming assembly at school we went to Bilbao. We visited the Guggenheim Museum where we could see an amazing exhibition. The third day was full of emotions. We met Mari Carmen Hernández whose husband was the victim of terror of ETA group. Another day we went with students of the bachillerato on integrating barbecue in Gorliz. I spent amazing time with my friends and of course with Spanish friends too. After barbecue we went to the beach and there we were talking a lot. The second trip was to Gernika and San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. When we were in the church in San Juan de Gatzelugatxe around us there was only the Bay of Biscay. On Saturday we went on a trip to San Sebastian and Biarritz in France. I have never spent a day like this. Amazing people, amazing place… Who needs more to be happy? After the trip we had a disco at school.

I'm very happy that I could go to Spain and meet such amazing people. I have got memories for my whole life. I will never forget when we made the doll of Łukasz. I think nobody will forget it.

Thank You Mary for making this week so wonderful and unforgettable. I miss YOU and I can’t wait to see You again!

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB,