Raquel Romero's memories


Really, I don’t know how to start my memories; maybe saying thanks to Óscar and Sergio, because they thought of me to be part of the Comenius group.

One year ago I couldn’t believe that I would have this amazing experience, first here, in Spain and then in Poland. I remember the first meeting in September; everybody was nervous, without any idea of how this experience could be. Then, we said goodbye keeping in mind the countdown to see all of us again. In my case, speaking everyday with Julia because I felt that she is a member of my family now.

January, 8th arrived and I couldn’t believe it: the day had been arrived. Everyone was nervous and happy at the same time. Polish friends were waiting for us at Poznan’s Airport at 12:30 pm. The first smiles, hugs, kisses… The best experience of my life.

I have to say that I didn´t meet Julia´s parents until evening, but that it wasn’t a problem. I remember when I arrived at my Polish home, Julia´s mother came running to me smiling and she hugged me as if I was her daughter too. They made me really feel like a member of their family. I couldn’t have had better host family.

The days went by very fast, meeting a lot of people and going to ice-skating; the family day in Wroclaw and the basketball match; the trip to Krakow, Auschwitz (it was really impressive)… the days working at school, with Christmas Concert, disco… The end of this experience was arriving, but we didn’t want it. Everything was perfect.

The day of saying goodbye arrived, I remember Julia’s mother words: Now you are like my daughter too. We said goodbye with tears in the face. But this is not a final goodbye this is only a See you soon.

Thank you to all the people who have taken part and made it unforgettable.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Free CSS Template by CSSHeaven.org TNB,